One of the most common ways to make a gift to St. Sebastian's School is to write a check, give a credit card number, or donate online.
A gift of cash could be right for you if:
- You want the easiest way to donate to St. Sebastian's.
- You want the largest possible tax deduction for your gift.
- You would like to make a gift to St. Sebastian's that has the greatest immediate impact.
How it works
You make a gift of cash directly to St. Sebastian's and you receive an income tax deduction.
What is an outright gift of cash?
An outright gift is any gift where you make a gift to St. Sebastian's School. The most common way for donors to make an outright gift is to write a check payable to the charity.
Gift provides immediate support
Unlike some other gift arrangements, your outright gift will provide resources that St. Sebastian's can put to immediate use. If you prefer to restrict our use of your gift in any way, please contact us so that we can be sure that we carry out your wishes.
Maximum tax savings
You may deduct the full amount of your donation up to 60% of your adjusted gross income, providing tax savings if you itemize. You may carry forward all of your unused deduction for up to five additional years.
Ways to give cash
Most donors make an outright gift by writing a check payable to St. Sebastian's School and mailing it to us. You may also make a cash gift using your credit card.
Mark Hollis'99 will celebrate his 10th reunion from St. Sebastian's this spring. To honor the occasion he and his wife have decided to make a commitment of $1,000 by check.
- Mark's gift of cash is deductible up to 60% of his adjusted gross income.
- If Mark cannot use the entire deduction in the year of gift, he may carry the balance forward for five additional years.